Most of the time, when we have to make a real-time analysis, the first thing we look at, is the database activity from ASH (Active Session History). In many cases, this is enough to have à good explanation of what happens.
Lighty allows you to view the ASH activity through the « Activity Viewer » tab as well as special reports (Current activity (ASH)). You can also install L-ASH if you are not licensed for ASH
But sometimes we need to have an overall view of the current activity and quickly have answers to questions as:
- Are the I/Os efficient ?
- What are the top events ?
- Are there blocking sessions ?
- Is the server overloaded ?
- What are the on going operations ?
- Who is using the temporary space ? PGA ?
- What are the active sqls ?